“Collect” means to receive personal information directly from the data subject for purposes of using such data.
“Personal Data” means any data that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person.
“Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Responsibility for Your Personal Data
Neither our Websites nor any of our products or services are directed to children younger than age sixteen (16). We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of sixteen (16) via the Websites and we will delete any such information later determined to be from a person younger than age sixteen (16).
Data that we Process
In the vast majority of cases, Miso engages in “small-data” optimization, meaning that we do not draw information about you from outside. Instead, our machines learn from your direct engagement with them and they will become more efficient at returning results that are appropriate or wanted by you. For most of the companies that use our services to help organize and access information on their own websites, the items that our machines learn, will be based on your interactions with that company’s website and will not extend to other companies that may use separate installations of our services.
Most search engines simply take your query and give you results. Our machine learns from queries to provide more accurate and efficient results, and learns from you to discover what exactly you are looking for and what your preferences are. In order to accomplish this, our Customers provide us with information that is collected by them about you through your engagement with their services. This may include personal information such as your name, email address, location, browser or other technical data, and it includes your interaction history with our Customer’s website, application, or services.
That information is continuously fed to our artificial intelligence machine to help our Customers gain greater insight into your preferences as they relate to their services. We process this data only as directed by our Customers – producing various analytical reports and data streams that our Customers use pursuant to their own privacy and business policies. Our Customers only learn about you what is directly relevant to your interactions with them through our Services, and they do not have access to information about your broader interests or preferences. We do not aggregate data learned about you if you engage with multiple Customers who all use Miso-powered services. We do not store any personal information about you generated by our processing of Customer data for our own use.
Through your engagement with the Services, we may collect information about your browsing activity so that we can better improve the Services. This information is not used to identify you in any way and is used in its disaggregated and depersonalized form to audit and review the performance of the Services, including uptime, latency, and lag. We do not sell this data.
We collect a variety of information from our Customers, all of which is necessary for us to provide the Services. This may include: name, phone number, email address, billing information or other information that is given to us by the Customer voluntarily over the course of our business relationship. We use this information for our own marketing and internal business purposes, which you can opt out of at any time. Please note that if you choose to opt out, we may no longer be able to provide the Services to you. We do not sell or otherwise distribute our Customer’s data.
Sharing of Personal Data
To the extent that we have stored and can share it, we may share selected personal data about you with the following parties or in the following circumstances.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share personal data about you with third parties who perform services for us or on our or our Customers’ behalf, for the limited purpose of carrying out such services on behalf of our Customers. This includes, without limitation, third parties that assist in managing our organization, hosting or administering our Websites or other systems, sending communications on our or our clients’ behalf, maintaining or analyzing our or our clients’ data, providing marketing assistance, or in providing other services to us or our clients. It also includes third parties providing services for money laundering checks, credit risk reduction and other fraud and crime prevention purposes and companies providing similar services, including financial institutions, credit reference agencies and regulatory bodies with whom such personal data is shared.
- We may share selected personal data about you with experts, consultants and other persons or entities to the extent reasonably necessary or appropriate in the context of providing the services to our clients.
- We reserve the right to disclose and transfer personal data about you in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, financing, sale of substantially all assets, or other organizational change.
- We may disclose personal data about you when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an audit or investigation; pursuant to a court order, subpoena, or discovery request in litigation; to verify or enforce compliance with our agreements or policies and applicable laws, rules, and regulations; or whenever we believe disclosure is necessary to limit our legal liability or to protect or enforce the rights, interests, or safety of our Websites, its users, or other third parties. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful.
- We may also share personal data about you in accordance with any express consent you or your authorized agent give us which is specific to the purposes of the processing which you will be informed about at the time we request such consent. You do not have to give such consent. If you do give consent, you may withdraw it at any time by contacting us (see “How to Contact Us” section below), however please be aware that such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of personal data collected and processed prior to the date of your withdrawal of consent.
Cross-Border Transfers of Personal Data
We are located in the United States and we do all processing in the United States.
Data Retention Period
All personal data retained by us will be deleted when such personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was processed, unless applicable law requires a longer retention period.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
To the extent provided by applicable law, you have the following rights:
- To request access to the personal data that we hold about you and to request that we rectify or erase it;
- To request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you;
- To request a transfer of your personal data from us to another data controller; and
- To request restriction of processing of your personal data or object to its processing.
We do not impose any charge for these requests. For any such request, you can contact us by e-mail, postal mail, or phone as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We will endeavor to respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner, but in no event longer than the amount of time required by applicable law.
To the extent we not the controller of your data, we will notify the controller of your request if required by applicable law.
Updating Personal Data About You
If any of the personal data that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or if you wish to cancel any request you have made of us, or if you become aware we have any inaccurate personal data about you, please contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below. We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete personal data that you provide to us.
Where the lawful basis of our processing under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), or other relevant data privacy laws and regulations, is that you have consented to it for a particular identified purpose, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. To do so, please contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below. If you do withdraw consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that was based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Security of Personal Data
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures (i) to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risks that are presented by Miso’ processing of personal data, in particular from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed, and (ii) to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services for the personal data.
How to Contact Us
Last Modified: August 13, 2023